So we haven’t met here on the website since April 2018. A little short of a year ago. Allow me to give you a recap of how the past year went. If you feel like it, share how yours went in the comments.
First, if you follow me on instagram, you probably wouldn’t need this post. You probably know most of the stories here, because I almost never stopped sharing stories there. But there are some things that will be observed and phrased more elaborately here.
- This year, I kicked up my food photography work into the professional world by working for a major client. SHAMELESS PLUG: CHECK MY PORTFOLIO PAGE. I was making recipes for short videos and taking photos of their food products. We filmed 31 videos that I will upload later to my Youtube Channel and I have shared some of the photos on instagram in the past year.
It’s another week and it’s time for THE SPILL!!
How you Spillin‘?
When THE SPILL is so good!
Let me start off by saying how blessed I feel with the people I meet and work with, and how grateful I am for the friends I have close by Continue reading
Weeks fly by. No recipe posted this week but this is the third spill. Some juicy stuff here so read along.
- I conducted two tours this week with Taste Lebanon. January was such a drag. But I’m happy to be back on the road visiting the lovely producers and food makers. Mainly the ice cream 😍😍😍
- Why don’t municipalities plant fruit bearing trees at the side of the roads? All I see is green messy trees. Except in Monot – Achrafieh. Citrus trees dot the pavement with their sight and coming up they’ll fill up the neighborhood with citrus blossom fragrance.
- As part of an upcoming tour in Tripoli, Iffat and I had a Taste Lebanon tour in Tripoli and boy, I fall in love with every trip I take there.
Tripoli is such a beautiful, yet neglected, city. I love the souks. They look like what we know of the old Beirut Souks; lively and for everyone. Check what I wrote for this photo and tell me if you agree or not
- Last week, my dad and I turns the garden pots upside down. We took out all the dead plants and weeds and I planted a few seasonal seeds. Let’s see how the garden will look like this year!
- Looks like Clown Me In took all the spotlight this Sunday during the demonstration against the terrible waste management plans by our government. WE WERE ALL OVER THE NEWS YOU GUYS!
- I’m so excited this week to be watching a performance by a friend of mine, Amal Kaawash, for the first time. And by the end of the week, we’re watching Victoria, a play about the first known trangender in Lebanon who was imprisoned in the 70s and when she got out, no one knew her whereabouts anymore
- Speaking of performances, have you watched the Super Bowl Halftime show? What do you think?
I personally didn’t like it and felt it was bland. Probably we’re comparing to the previous breathtaking performances.
Who do you think should perform next year?
- I am working on a project. Can’t share any details now. But had the first initial step today and it looks good! I’ll brag about it when it’s out
- One of the most horrible feeling is designing something for yourself when you’re a graphic designer. YOU ARE YOUR WORST CLIENT! Therefore, I have tweaked my logo to something I find better suiting and more refined. I hope I am right. Let me know what you think!
Follow me on
A new section where I can share what’s on my mind on this blog without bombarding those who are here for the recipe with my nonsense. Just to make it clear from the start, this section is inspired by Tuesday Things by Jessica Merchant, a food blogger I’ve been following since 2011 probably. So people, don’t go around saying I stole that signature lipstick pose
Bear with me this time, it is a bit long but it’s been a while!
Some serious social media suicidal thoughts were spinning around my head.
I have neglected my social media accounts to a point that they might have died. I tried reviving my Instagram account. But still, I have reached a point where I do activities that I don’t want to share online. I meet people and rather not post a photo of us together.
Is this growth? Is this growing weary of social media? Is it social media suicide?
It is equivalent to leaving the big city and escaping to the mountains and seeing no one, sitting in between of beautiful high trees and waking up to the sound of roosters calling the sun to climb up from its slumber. It isn’t that bad if you think about it.
But for someone who is making a living from being online, sharing stuff online, and getting work from doing work and sharing it on the worldwide web… THIS IS SUICIDE!