Grilled cheese, baby!
I’ve only met few people who don’t like cheese. Didn’t try to convince them. More cheese for us.
A grilled cheese party has been circulating in the minds of a couple of friends and I. Links with pictures of cheese oozing from between two slices of bread got us all drooling. The craving can only be stopped by satisfying that hungry monster inside. We threw a grilled cheese night!
It wasn’t hard to get ingredients. A few cheeses, meats, a spread or two, some greens for a side salad, bread, a grill, and chocolate for dessert. All you have to do, is let your creativity and sense of palatial adventure come into play.
Be sure to try grated mozzarella with generous scoop of hazelnut chocolate spread in a sandwich. Grill it till golden
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Whatever cheeses you might like. Suggestions:
- Parmesan or Grana Padano
- Kashkaval (sheep)
- Salad seasoning (homemade; mustard, lemon, oil, salt & pepper)
- Lemon curd
- Berry jam
- Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
- Bread (sandwich bread or sliced large loaves)
- Wash and dry the rocca and lettuce and toss with the tomatoes and some mushrooms in the seasoning to coat well
- Lay the ingredients in plates and let your guests or loved one go creative with mixing flavors
- Assemble a sandwich by evenly spreading mustard on the insides of the bread. Arrange the filling of choice, put the bread slices back together, spread a dab of butter on the top and bottom and grill until golden. Cut diagonally in half and eat immediately.
- Cheddar + salami + mozzarella
- Kashkaval + prosciutto + parmesan + mushrooms
- Ricotta + lemon curd or berry jam
- Mozzarella + hazelnut chocolate spread