Sure mloukhiyeh, mjaddra and moghrabieh are delicious but it’s nice to change every now and then.
Get your long fluffy skirt on and your best heel and start smacking the floor with all the power you’ve got because we’re firing it up with chicken tacos that went to Asia once and they can’t stop telling us about it! Continue reading
Weeks fly by. No recipe posted this week but this is the third spill. Some juicy stuff here so read along.
- I conducted two tours this week with Taste Lebanon. January was such a drag. But I’m happy to be back on the road visiting the lovely producers and food makers. Mainly the ice cream 😍😍😍
- Why don’t municipalities plant fruit bearing trees at the side of the roads? All I see is green messy trees. Except in Monot – Achrafieh. Citrus trees dot the pavement with their sight and coming up they’ll fill up the neighborhood with citrus blossom fragrance.
- As part of an upcoming tour in Tripoli, Iffat and I had a Taste Lebanon tour in Tripoli and boy, I fall in love with every trip I take there.
Tripoli is such a beautiful, yet neglected, city. I love the souks. They look like what we know of the old Beirut Souks; lively and for everyone. Check what I wrote for this photo and tell me if you agree or not
- Last week, my dad and I turns the garden pots upside down. We took out all the dead plants and weeds and I planted a few seasonal seeds. Let’s see how the garden will look like this year!
- Looks like Clown Me In took all the spotlight this Sunday during the demonstration against the terrible waste management plans by our government. WE WERE ALL OVER THE NEWS YOU GUYS!
- I’m so excited this week to be watching a performance by a friend of mine, Amal Kaawash, for the first time. And by the end of the week, we’re watching Victoria, a play about the first known trangender in Lebanon who was imprisoned in the 70s and when she got out, no one knew her whereabouts anymore
- Speaking of performances, have you watched the Super Bowl Halftime show? What do you think?
I personally didn’t like it and felt it was bland. Probably we’re comparing to the previous breathtaking performances.
Who do you think should perform next year?
- I am working on a project. Can’t share any details now. But had the first initial step today and it looks good! I’ll brag about it when it’s out
- One of the most horrible feeling is designing something for yourself when you’re a graphic designer. YOU ARE YOUR WORST CLIENT! Therefore, I have tweaked my logo to something I find better suiting and more refined. I hope I am right. Let me know what you think!
Follow me on
Another week is done and we start another one in February. What happened last week? Read along!
Are you fed up with the cold rainy weather like I am? The gloomy skies and drenched jackets and the hassle of umbrellas. It ain’t no fun singing in the rain!
Fortunately the storm has passed and it is sunny these few days. Although I’m not going out as much as I’d like to, but I’m getting my share of sunshine here and there.
Last year, I bought a handmade clay plate from Bkerzay and I’ve wanted to show it off by having few ingredients on it. But as I’m not really into making fine dining plates yet, I show it off with this salad from what I have at home.
Lentils are one of the grains we have here but it really annoys me that we only use it in classical and sometimes boring ways. They are a staple in our middle eastern cabinets and I always liked to play around and use them in fresh dishes. Continue reading
A new section where I can share what’s on my mind on this blog without bombarding those who are here for the recipe with my nonsense. Just to make it clear from the start, this section is inspired by Tuesday Things by Jessica Merchant, a food blogger I’ve been following since 2011 probably. So people, don’t go around saying I stole that signature lipstick pose
Bear with me this time, it is a bit long but it’s been a while!