A couple of months ago, the retail discount store Happy asked for a collaboration. The deal was to create affordable recipes using their products to promote their line of products.
I will be sharing the recipes here, IN VIDEO!
I am still amazed at how good the video turned out to be as I didn’t actually look at how they were shot. Simple recipes, affordable, and definitely TASTY!!!
Shout out to the director Elie Fahed for his awesome work!
This recipe features chicken breasts, seasoned and seared to give a nice crunchy surface, then soaked in a quick garlicy tomato sauce and baked in the oven until perfectly done but still soft and juicy! I paired them with some mashed white beans and asparagus. Pair them with rice or roasted potatoes if you prefer.
Try this yourself
Grilled Chicken in Garlic Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup white beans, or 1 can
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt, pepper, chili flakes
- Dried thyme
- whole peppercorns
- Olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste + 1 cup water or chicken stock
or 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 jar preserved asparagus
- If using dried white beans, soak overnight and cook until soft
- Place the chicken breasts (cleaned from the remaining fat or veins) in a large bowl and season with olive oil, salt, peppercorns, and thyme
- On high heat, heat some olive oil in a large skillet and carefully lower the breasts away from you to sear. Flip when browned. Arrange the breasts in a baking dish and set aside
- In the same skillet, heat some more olive oil and toss the garlic cloves and some chili flakes until fragrant. Add the tomato paste and water, or the can of chopped tomatoes and bring to a boil and simmer to reduce
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and bake for 15 minutes in a 200ºc oven
- Mash the beans and drained asparagus. Season with some salt and pepper to taste and set side
- To serve, spoon some mash and on the side add a chicken breast with its sauce