I would have never imagined myself opening a can of sardines and eating it. I’m fine with tuna cans, but not sardines. I’m not even acquainted with freshly fried sardines. I have never opened and eaten a can of sardines until I made the video below.
I was commissioned by Happy-Lebanon, the discount store, to create simple and affordable recipes using their private label products and as I was looking through the list, over and over again, thinking what interesting combination I can come up with, I saw the sardines and got inspired by the easy sardine tin recipes I found online.
This sardine salad is mediterranean by excellence, with hints of flavors and textures from around the coast. The use of croutons adds a crunch and the tahini adds a zesty richness to the salad making the recipe admirable and different. Try it yourself
Sardine Salad with Tahini Dressing
- 1 bunch rocca
- 4 toasts
- 5-6 radishes
- 1 tin sardines
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- olive oil
- chili flakes
- Wash and dry the veggies and set aside
- Open the sardine tin and drain the oil in a bowl. Cut the toast into chuncks and toss with the oil then set aside
- Mix the tahini and lemon with some salt. Add some water to thin out the mix. Whisk until you get a homogeneous dressing. The tahini will break once mixed with another liquid, don’t worry, keep whisking. It’ll come back together
- Thinly slice the radishes and set aside
- Arrange the rocca leaves in a serving plate, top with the radishes, sardines, and croutons and generously drizzle the tahini dressing, olive oil, and chili flakes and serve
4 thoughts on “Sardine Salad with Tahini Dressing”
Finally had the chance to try this one! Pretty good:)
Glad you liked it. Did you happen to take any photo?
Was too busy eating 😀
Hahahahha best excuse 😂