Been a very long time. Feels as if the months of July and August are doomed on this blog. It’s like I am not allowed to celebrate by blog’s birthday with my readers and friends.
But no worries. Two years ago on this day, the first recipe was published.
SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO COOKIN5M2 !
Here I am, 2 years later, with more than 70 recipes published, with food adventures, delicious ever-progressing food photography skills, and more delicious food.
Where was I for all this time? Last year I was dwelling in my emotions, and then ate my way through parts of Sri Lanka. This year, I am overwhelmed by so many things; a theater workshop that was concluded with a very successful play, a freelance project that took over my nights, my day job that I had – YES, HAD – and my new job that I moved to, two months ago. I quit my office job. I am working now as a designer/communication manager for a restaurant and their other shops, plus making cakes, juices, and coffee for the afternoon cafe in the restaurant. I have been quiet occupied with coming up with new brunch menus for the Saturday brunches I cook. I’ll try to share as much recipes from my brunches here.
The sight of people enjoying the food you prepared is priceless to me. You pick the fruit of your work instantly. What is thrilling is getting the positive feedback from friends and strangers alike. Makes me smile, and blush sometimes.
This recipe comes from the brunch I prepared two Saturdays ago; a light, low carb, healthy, filling, and flavorful menu, perfect for a summer Saturday in Beirut. Guests were greeted with watermelon and white cheese caprese skewers, then couscous salad with cheese-rubbed corn on the cob, the recipe below, and my favorite dessert so far; grilled nectarines with labneh cream.
I will be cooking more there, I am also making cakes, occasionally, to be served in the afternoons.
Stay connected with me on my Facebook page and Instagram account to stay up to date with my latest things
Grilled Chicken on a Bed of Wheat and Lentils
- 1 chicken breast (2 halves)
- juice and zest of one orange
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup wheat grains
- 1 cup small lentils
- 1 cup cherry (or grape) tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cup grape vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped coriander & mint for garnishing
- Soak the wheat grains the night before in water to reduce cooking time
- Boil water in 2 pot, salt well, then add the wheat and lentils, each in a pot and cook till they’re done (around 1 hour and 30 min respectively). Drain and set aside
- Clean and pound the chicken breasts to flatten them. Mix them with the orange zest, juice, and oil. Cover and refrigerate at least for 30 min to soak well
- In a large pan, heat some oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sear on the hot pan. Reduce the heat to medium and continue grilling on both sides until it is done and no longer pink on the inside
- Mix the grains with the vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and tomatoes and garnish with the coriander and mint. Top with the sliced chicken breasts and serve warm