This is not a pity party. This is what goes inside my head when scrolling on facebook and Instagram, and I see stories and sponsored posts.
Food topics are something that will always get me going. If the talk didn’t start there, it will go there eventually. TRY ME. It is something I am very passionate about and I’m always looking for ways to learn more and share the knowledge to my circles, the actual or virtual ones.
We can all agree that this year has been a very shitty one, and particularly being in Lebanon has not made things a little more digestible. Now that lockdown is not enforced anymore, and social distancing is not being practiced except in establishments that might get fined for violations, I am seeing little changes in behaviors related to food, and some behaviors that have not changed, and in my opinion they should. Continue reading
I cannot pretend now that we are not in a pandemic no matter how much I try to avoid and ignore it.
A big part of the world is on lockdown and living in stress due to home captivity and the looming dangers of the virus. While in Lebanon, we are blessed with an incompetent government that failed (not only now,… it is an ongoing series of failures that were somehow hidden for over 30 years) to provide a decent living for its citizens, with a pandemic/crisis or without.
Now, it’s been a little over 2 months since the unofficial state of emergency and lockdown in action. I was in Amman-Jordan in the beginning of March for a workshop and came back on March 11th on the last flight from Amman before stopping all flights to and from Beirut. We didn’t expect this to happen. I was sort of considering skipping the flight and staying in Amman, but since it is been 2 months and we’ve seen barely any changes, I am glad I didn’t. Continue reading
It’s another week and it’s time for THE SPILL!!
How you Spillin‘?
When THE SPILL is so good!
Let me start off by saying how blessed I feel with the people I meet and work with, and how grateful I am for the friends I have close by Continue reading
Weeks fly by. No recipe posted this week but this is the third spill. Some juicy stuff here so read along.
- I conducted two tours this week with Taste Lebanon. January was such a drag. But I’m happy to be back on the road visiting the lovely producers and food makers. Mainly the ice cream 😍😍😍
- Why don’t municipalities plant fruit bearing trees at the side of the roads? All I see is green messy trees. Except in Monot – Achrafieh. Citrus trees dot the pavement with their sight and coming up they’ll fill up the neighborhood with citrus blossom fragrance.
- As part of an upcoming tour in Tripoli, Iffat and I had a Taste Lebanon tour in Tripoli and boy, I fall in love with every trip I take there.
Tripoli is such a beautiful, yet neglected, city. I love the souks. They look like what we know of the old Beirut Souks; lively and for everyone. Check what I wrote for this photo and tell me if you agree or not
- Last week, my dad and I turns the garden pots upside down. We took out all the dead plants and weeds and I planted a few seasonal seeds. Let’s see how the garden will look like this year!
- Looks like Clown Me In took all the spotlight this Sunday during the demonstration against the terrible waste management plans by our government. WE WERE ALL OVER THE NEWS YOU GUYS!
- I’m so excited this week to be watching a performance by a friend of mine, Amal Kaawash, for the first time. And by the end of the week, we’re watching Victoria, a play about the first known trangender in Lebanon who was imprisoned in the 70s and when she got out, no one knew her whereabouts anymore
- Speaking of performances, have you watched the Super Bowl Halftime show? What do you think?
I personally didn’t like it and felt it was bland. Probably we’re comparing to the previous breathtaking performances.
Who do you think should perform next year?
- I am working on a project. Can’t share any details now. But had the first initial step today and it looks good! I’ll brag about it when it’s out
- One of the most horrible feeling is designing something for yourself when you’re a graphic designer. YOU ARE YOUR WORST CLIENT! Therefore, I have tweaked my logo to something I find better suiting and more refined. I hope I am right. Let me know what you think!
Follow me on
It is one of those weeks where you don’t feel like cooking but you have to eat.
It is one of those times when everyone is out of the house and no fresh ingredients are available.
You don’t feel like buying any fresh ingredients only to rot in the fridge before anyone uses them.
We’re all out and away all day. What to eat?
What to eat? The eternal question of my life’s journey! A journey filled with ups and down, and existential shit like this post. What’s life? What’s food? Do you eat to live or live to eat?
I decided to go against what my mom used to tell me and go by the Live To Eat motto. Continue reading