In the mood for something quick and delicious?
Quick doesn’t have to mean unhealthy or lacking flavors. The few ingredients in this recipe give the right flavor to give your taste buds a delicious punch.This is a recipe from the pantry. Whether you are short on cash (because it is already the end of the month, and Christmas is soon to be) or you’re not into something fancy or time consuming this can be your go to recipe as a main (yes i can have that as a main) or a side dish. It is so quick it the only time required is waiting for the pasta to cook. It can be a vegan dish as well if you omit the cheese (or use vegan cheese if you get your hands on some) or enjoy the simple flavors of the few ingredients it has.
The same sauce, with a few added herbs, works well for topping pizzas or as a dip for cheese stick or chips. You need to try it for yourself and report back.
Basic Spaghetti with Tomato
- 1 pack Spaghetti number 1 (500g pack)
- 1 can preserved tomatoes (chopped, plum,…)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Olive oil for topping
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Salt the water well then add the Spaghetti
- Cook according to package directions but drain a minute before the required time to keep it al dente
- In the meantime, in a skillet heat 2 tbsp olive oil and add the smashed garlic clove with the pepper flakes
- Once fragrant, remove the garlic and dump the can of tomatoes
- Stir well and bring to a boil
- Drain the Spaghetti or with a tong transfer it from the boiling water into the sauce. Mix well to ensure even coating
- Serve immediately with grated cheese and olive oil
- Garnish with a twig of basil